The Berkeley Center for the Study of Religion (BCSR) announces a program of small grants to help fund UC Berkeley graduate student events on topics in religion. These grants provide partial support and range from $250-$500 for a single event, and up to $1,000 for a conference.
- Awards provide partial funding for lectures, panels, conferences, exhibitions, or performances on topics in religion.
- Awards from $250 – $500 only, with occasional awards of up to $1,000 for conferences.
- Activities must be led by UC Berkeley graduate students and supported by a campus department or unit.
- Events must take place on the UC Berkeley campus and be free and open to the public.
Applicants should submit a single pdf document that includes:
- Event title and type (lecture, panel, etc.).
- Proposed date(s) and location(s).
- Name, email, and phone information for primary student organizer and contact in organizing department.
- A summary paragraph and narrative (50w) describing the event, its purpose, and intended audience, as well as participant bios (up to 1500w).
- A detailed expense budget with BCSR request and amounts requested from other funding sources.
- For conferences: Attach a list of invited/confirmed participants and their CVs instead of participant bios.
Completed applications should be submitted to BCSR Directors c/o email@example.com and received no later than 4 pm on the due date. Electronic files are preferred, although hard copy files may be delivered to 4327 Dwinelle Hall.
Fall 2014 Events
Applications: Monday, September 8, 2014 at 4pm
Announcement: Monday, September 22, 2014
Spring 2015 Events
Applications: Thurs., December 4, 2014 at 4 pm
Announcement: Monday, January 12, 2015