Due to ongoing changes designed to help limit coronavirus (COVID-19) risk on campus, the Berkeley Center for the Study of Religion regretfully announces that the following events have been POSTPONED until further notice:
- 3/10 Catholics, Protestants, and the Origins of Europe’s Harsh Religious Pluralism with Udi Greenberg
- 3/16 The Center for Jewish Studies at the Graduate Theological Union Annual Conference 2020: Storytelling and the Making of Jewish Culture
- 3/17 Educating Conscience in Mid-Nineteenth Century British India with Seth Koven
- 3/18 Health, Conscience, and the State with Seth Koven
- 4/3-4/4 Toleration in Comparative Perspective: Concepts, Practices and Documents
- 4/3-4/4 Vyākaraṇa Reading Workshop with Madhav Deshpande
- 4/6 Tolerance in an Age of Intolerance with Denis Lacorne
- 4/15 Lucy Hutchinson and John Milton: Puritanism and Theology with David Norbrook
- 4/15 Radical Parliamentarians and the English Civil War with David Como
- 4/28 Signs of the Times: Sufi Shrines and Multireligious Devotion in Modi’s India with Anna Bigelow
- 5/20 Social Justice in Antiquity and Late Antiquity and its Relation to Philosophical Asceticism with Ilaria Ramelli
Programming updates may be ongoing as we receive news from campus. Please check back here for further updates to events as they come.
We look forward to resuming our quality lectures and events soon!